ST. CATHARINES, ON
This 4-day learning experience offers the opportunity to further your skills in Neuro-Developmental theory and handling. The emphasis will be on in-depth movement analysis, problem solving and direct handling. Discussions regarding typical and atypical components of postural control from a systems perspective will support more advanced problem solving. Targeted discussion and assessment of spinal alignment will be highlighted, as well as the dynamics of upper extremity function and functional mobility.
There will be a combination of lecture, handling skill labs and treatment practicums with children. Participants must have completed an Introductory NDT course.
- Discuss the typical and atypical development of postural control from a dynamic systems perspective.
- Discuss body alignment and base of support in a variety of children and relate this to the development of postural control and functional motor skills.
- Assess alignment in children with motor challenges with attention to the specifics of segmental spinal alignment.
- Assess and treat restrictions in rib cage, spine and shoulder girdle mobility in children with motor challenges.
- Facilitate a variety of movement sequences in children with motor challenges using an NDT toolbox.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop an NDT-based treatment plan.
Who Should Attend?
Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists and Speech Language Pathologists working in all areas of paediatrics
Kim Barthel OTR & Shelley Mannell PT
Kids Therapy Circle
15 Neilson Avenue
St. Catharines, ON
TIMES: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Early bird registration (before Jan 22, 2018) $850 CDN
Regular registration (after Jan) $895 CDN
Questions can be directed to Shelley Mannell