This three day workshop has been designed to support occupational therapists, physiotherapists, speech and language pathologists, behavioral interventionists and psychologists who practice pediatric therapy in a consultative model. As therapists we seek to provide excellent treatment for the children we serve and are often frustrated by the reduced opportunity for hands on intervention. This workshop explores effective innovate techniques for ensuring quality of care while instructing others in the concepts of therapy. This workshop will explore the therapeutic models of Sensory Processing Rehabilitation, Neuro-Developmental Treatment, motor learning and motor control theories within the classroom, home and community setting.
- Therapists will begin to understand the principles of coaching and begin to apply them in a pediatric context through practical lab experience.
- Therapists will begin to understand the concepts of adult learning principles and how they apply to the coaching process.
- Therapists will comprehend the importance of the therapeutic relationship in relationship to the success of therapeutic intervention.
- Therapists will learn how to apply coaching principles to the instruction of sensory processing intervention through practical lab experience and treatment demonstration.
- Therapists will learn how to apply coaching principles to the instruction of movement facilitation techniques through practical lab experience and treatment demonstration.
Audience: Occupational therapists, Speech and Language Pathologists, Physical Therapists, Child Development Consultants, Psychologists