This user-friendly workshop for pediatric therapists of all disciplines will highlight and update several current treatment approaches for children with special needs. Integrating sensory processing intervention with therapeutic approaches to enhance movement, this workshop will provide a broad spectrum of frameworks for analysis and intervention for pediatric neuro-motor disability. Emphasizing 2007 research combined with practical application, therapists will leave this workshop feeling inspired with new skills and understanding ready to apply back at work on Monday morning.
Participants will be able to:
- Apply Motor Control and Motor Learning treatment according to theory
- Update neurophysiology of the mind body connection emphasizing therapeutic
- Relate theory of Neuro-Developmental Treatment with treatment demonstration and
- Highlight motor control issues in the mild motor population
- Assess neurobiology of attention and learning
- Update latest research in Sensory Integration Theory
- Understand sensory processing strategies for management of arousal level
Audience: Pediatric occupational therapists, OT assistants, physical therapists, PT assistants,
speech and language pathologists.