CALGARY, AB & other video conference sites
The focus of this engaging workshop is to better understand complex behaviours in an older adult and geriatric population, and develop strategies such as adapting the environment and modifying current interactions to promote quality of life for all involved. Integrated approaches that will assist participants to “look beyond the behaviour” and understand how any person’s behaviour is a manner of coping will be discussed.
Relationship building skills for those working or living with an individual with a spectrum of neurological and developmental disabilities and who display complex behaviours will be highlighted. Kim will help you to better understand and integrate the neurobiology of sensory processing and emotional/neurobiological problems that result in complex and responsive behaviour.
This workshop will:
- Describe the neurobiology of complex behaviours
- Distinguish between sensory, emotional and cognitive components of behaviour
- Provide tools and insights to really “look beyond the behaviour” and understand how behaviour is communicating unmet needs
- Offer relationship building skills to support individuals with complex behaviours and dementia
*Note: Because this is a free education session, no refreshments or lunch will be provided at any site.
Calgary at the South Health Campus in Auditorium Rm 280020A (SOLD OUT).
Videoconference sites are listed below:
*Select your location when registering to reserve your seat for the workshop.
*AHS has changed their videoconference scheduling system. The old VC Scheduler does not work, limiting the ability to book additional remote sites for this workshop.
Videoconference sites available in:
- Edmonton: Edmonton Clinic Health Academy (Room 2-140) 11405 – 87 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T6G 1C9 SOLD OUT
- Edmonton: Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital (Level 0, Glen East Rm 2) 10230 – 111 Avenue,
- Edmonton, AB T5G 0B7
- Edmonton: Addiction & Mental Health WSP Place (Rm 225 HUB) 2nd Floor HUB, WSP Plaza 10909 – Jasper Ave, Edmonton, AB T5L 2E2
- Red Deer: Red Deer Hospital (Room 3401) 3rd Floor, South Complex, 3942 – 50A Avenue, Red Deer, AB T4N 6R2
- Grande Prairie: QE II Hospital, Mackenzie Place (Level 2 East Mtg Room FA 228) 10409 98 Street, Grande Prairie, AB T8V 2E8
If you do NOT have an iScheduler account and are unable to book a remote site, please contact Emily (email@example.com) or Sandra (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance.