YELLOW SPRINGS, OH
PLEASE NOTE THIS EVENT IS NOW SOLD OUT!
This two-day workshop is designed for Intervention Specialists, Classroom Teachers, Occupational Therapists, Speech and Language Pathologists, Physical Therapists, School Psychologists, Paraprofessional aides, and Mental Health Therapists who support children with behavioral challenges and learning problems. The sensory processing approach assists professionals in “looking beyond the behavior” and into the nervous system. It helps with understanding how the child’s behavior is a manner of coping. Strategies in adapting the environment, altering interaction and providing appropriate supports for children who have difficulty with processing sensory information will be provided. Many children with different diagnoses experience challenges in the manner in which they process sensory information (for example, learning disabilities, developmental coordination disorder, ADD/ADHD, autism spectrum disorder, cerebral palsy, and emotional behavioral disorders). This workshop is designed to assist in problem solving behaviors and learning based on observations that look beyond the label.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Describe the neurobiology of challenging behavior
• Distinguish between sensory, emotional and cognitive components of behavior
• Analyze various overlapping contributions to behavior problems
• Integrate theories of intervention into a holistic approach to complex behaviors
• Develop treatment techniques, relationship-building tools and dialoguing skills with complex situations.
• Acquire a toolbox of treatment techniques and relationship-building strategies
TARGET AUDIENCE: classroom teachers, intervention specialists, OTs, PTs, SLPs, school psychologists, para-professional aides, and mental health therapists
DATE AND TIME: February 8-9, 2018 from 8:30-3:30
LOCATION: Greene County ESC, 360 E. Enon Rd. Yellow Springs, OH
COST: $100 for Greene County member districts, $150 for other participants
• Application for OT & PT CEU’s has been submitted for 12 contact hours
• Application for 12 non specific clinical contact hours has been submitted to the Ohio Board of Speech-Language & Audiology
Space is limited, so please reserve your spot by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org Please specify your job role and district or ESC of employment in your registration email. Registration Deadline Jan. 11th, 2018.