KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA
Caregivers, psychologists, counselors, therapists, teachers, and support workers of children with complex behaviours often struggle with managing their emotions and actions when responding to behaviours that are upsetting. This workshop will provide an in-depth exploration of the development of self-regulation across the lifespan of those who find themselves navigating these struggles every day.
This workshop will be a combination of instructural learning, practical experience and interactive problem solving.
- Enhance reflective skills allowing for increased awareness of personal triggers related to challenging behaviour.
- Develop an appreciation of the neurobiology of challenging behaviours.
- Enhance attunement skills to support de-escalation of challenging behaviours.
- Expand repertoire of dialoguing skills and mindful use of scripts that support the decrease of challenging behaviours.
- Expand self-care abilities.
DATES: January 12 & 13, 2018
TIME: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm