Course Description: A unique mentorship learning opportunity for pediatric therapists, combining professional development with personal growth. Therapists and children will be paired to concentrate on the individualized learning program of each therapist during this five-day program. Therapists will develop specific learning programs planned prior to the workshop through discussions between participant, therapist and Kim Barthel. With the aid of master therapists, Evelyne Pilger OTR, Erica Farell PT and Melissa Renfree OTR, the therapists will be guided through hands-on practice, demonstrations, lectures, and group discussions. All participants will be working together to build expertise and confidence.
Skills & Research Presented Topics:
- Sensory Processing Intervention
- Neuro-Developmental Treatment
- Attachment and Trauma Intervention
- Developmental Movement Patterns
This five day program is a mixture of lecture, labs and hands-on practical experience. Therapists also attend evening sessions.
- Registration deadline is November 30, 2018
- To ensure maximum mentorship, space is limited.
Temporary License for out of province registrants will be required:
- ACOT (Occupational Therapy): acot.ca
- Physiotherapy Alberta College and Association: physiotherapyalberta.ca
- Alberta College of Speech and Language Pathologists: acslpa.ab.ca
Questions? Please contact: Evelyne Pilger by email email@example.com
FEE: $2000. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner included
DATE & TIME:
- January 14 to 18 2019 (5 days)
- 9am – 4pm plus some evenings
Function First Pediatrics
#101, 8715-109th Street
Grande Prairie, AB
Sponsored By: Function First Pediatrics