This two-day workshop is designed to support a wide range of professionals (speech/language pathologists, occupational therapists, physical therapists, social workers and special educators) who work collaboratively towards the enhancement of a child’s learning, function and well-being. Attunement, co-regulation, communication, sensory processing and engagement will be discussed throughout. Explore the neurobiology of sensory processing intervention, developmental disability and attachment, and the art of providing therapy for children with a variety of neurological, behavioral, mental health and communication challenges. Through lecture, videotape analysis, treatment demonstration and practical sessions, clinicians and caregivers will leave the workshop energized to problem solve client intervention in a new way!
UPON COMPLETION OF THIS COURSE, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
• Describe the neurobiology of challenging behavior
• Distinguish between sensory, emotional and cognitive components of behavior
• Analyze various overlapping contributions to behavior problems
• Integrate theories of intervention into a holistic approach to complex behaviors
• Develop treatment techniques, relationshipbuilding tools and dialoging skills with complex situations.
Mary Bridge Children’s Therapy
402 15th AVE SE
Puyallup, WA 98372
WHEN: March 8-9, 2019
COST: $435 – Credit: 13 Education Contact Hours (1.3 CEU’s)
PTs, PTAs, OTs, COTAs, SLPs & Educators
Contact: CTU Education Program Normajean Friend 253-697-5225 MBCTeducation@multicare.org