This dynamic three-day workshop will emphasize clinical reasoning and problem-solving skills helpful in the treatment of functional movement and sensory processing problems across the lifespan. This hands-on learning opportunity is designed for professionals who support children and adults with a wide variety of neurological disabilities. A holistic, blended approach will weave together concepts of sensory processing intervention with Neuro-Developmental Treatment (NDT), widening the lens of assessment and treatment possibilities. Lectures, labs, clinical practicums and videotape analysis will deepen the treatment skills of Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists and Speech and Language Pathologists.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify sensory processing difficulties and their relationship to movement and behavior in individuals with a variety of neurological disorders;
- Analyze postural and movement patterns and their relationship to sensory processing;
- Develop preliminary handling skills to support treatment of sensory processing issues;
- Weave together a blending of NDT and SI concepts within treatment; and
- Draw from translational research to support evidence for clinical practice.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Occupational Therapists;
- Physical Therapists; and
- Speech and Language Pathologists.
Holiday Inn & Conference Centre Edmonton South4485 Gateway Blvd,
- Phone: 780-803-0350