Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists working with children experiencing neurological challenges will benefit from participation in this intensive upper extremity workshop.
This 3-day seminar will combine lecture, lab, video presentation and hands-on demonstrations with children. Content will focus on the characteristics of development and the treatment of upper extremity use and grasp and manipulation in functional daily activities.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Gain knowledge of the motor, sensory, cognitive and behavioral foundations for use of arm and hands for support, contact grasp and manipulation.
- Observe and identify essential postural, sensory and perceptual elements necessary to use the arms and hands functionally.
- Identify missing elements in children with developmental, neuro-motor or sensory processing challenges.
- Set goals, plan treatment and identify strategies to optimize strengths and minimize barriers to performance.
- Apply the knowledge and skills learnt to improve upper extremity function of children in daily activities.
87 Elm Street
$600 (includes breakfast, snacks and handouts) + HST ($78)= $678
We accept e-transfer payment, cheque, credit card/pay pal.
Make cheque payable to “The Learning Workshop”
.The Learning Workshop