This two day workshop will integrate the concepts of sensory integration intervention with Neuro-Developmental Treatment. In the treatment of children with neuro-motor impairment, sensory issues are often prevalent in their accompaniment of functional motor impairments. This session will help you to understand the importance of addressing sensory processing issues in meeting the child’s functional goals.
- The learner will be able to describe the role of sensory systems in posture and movement: motor control and motor learning theories
- The learner will be able to identify sensory processing impairments in children with neuro-motor problems and how they relate to functional activity limitations.
- The learner will begin to evaluate arousal and regulation states as a preparation for learning to move.
- The learner will begin to describe sensory issues in a child with cerebral palsy through case study and video analysis.
- The learner will develop an understanding of techniques to calm, orient, organize and activate for function.
- The learner will develop an appreciation of the application of NDT and SI treatment strategies for children with cerebral palsy through case study and video analysis.