Discover How to Expand Your Toolbox
There are many different frames of reference that blend together to form a holistic approach to pediatric intervention. Combining and integrating theories assists in deepening the detective work necessary for problem-solving and development of an optimal individualized treatment plan.
The goal of this workshop is to provide a 2-day integrated learning experience. Through videos, client demonstrations and practical lab work each day, you will have the opportunity to do assessments, problem-solve and learn treatment skills as they directly apply to clients. Come and participate in a stimulating learning environment where you are actively engaged with experienced teachers and therapists. Self-reﬂection is encouraged throughout; the goal of this workshop is integration of skills that are essential for the management of children with a variety of challenges including difficulties with movement, self- regulation, behavior, and social-emotional development.
What are the treatment theories and techniques that will be integrated during this workshop?
- Attunement and tuning in – the backdrop of therapy
- Processing sensation and organizing arousal
- Understanding posture – holding on and staying put
- Dynamic Core for Kids – the development of central stability
- Developmental Movement Patterns – foundations for function
- Handling for alignment and functional movement
- Seeing and moving – putting the eyes in the picture
What are the learning objectives for this workshop?
Upon completion of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand, both theoretically and practically, how multiple systems contribute to motor function in a wide variety of pediatric clien
- Assess pediatric clients using a systems model framework, implementing both observational and hands-on assessment sk
- Develop and carry out an individualized, integrative treatment plan for motor function in pediatric clients.
- Engage comfortably in actively problem-solving assessment and treatment scenario
Kim Barthel OTR
Shelley Mannell PT
The Bethany Group (Auditorium)
4612 53 Street