OT’s and PT’s working with children experiencing neurological challenges will benefit from participation in this intensive upper extremity workshop. Content will focus on the characteristics of development of upper extremity use and grasp and manipulation in functional daily activities.
UPON COMPLETION OF THIS COURSE, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
• Gain knowledge of the motor, sensory, cognitive and behavioral foundations for use of arm and hands for support, contact grasp and manipulation.
• Observe and identify essential postural, sensory and perceptual elements necessary to use the arms and hands functionally.
• Identify missing elements in children with developmental, neuro-motor or sensory processing challenges.
• Set goals, plan treatment and identify strategies to optimize strengths and minimize barriers to
• Apply the knowledge and skills learnt to improve upper extremity function of children in daily activities.
DATE & TIME: September 13th to 15th 2018 8:30am to 4:3pm
Mary Bridge Children’s Therapy
402 15th AVE SE
Puyallup, WA 98372
CTU Education Program, Normajean Friend 253.697.5225